This statement and the policy outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
- At Beko Building Group Pty Ltd, we recognise the importance of your privacy. We abide by the National Privacy Principles. Our policy for the management of personal information is set out in this document.
How we collect your personal information
- From time to time Beko Homes collects personal information about individuals as part of conducting our business.
We may collect personal information when:
- You (or an organisation you are associated with) opens an account with Beko Homes
- You (or an organisation you are associated with) enquiries about services with Beko Homes
- Enters into an agreement with Beko Homes to provide or receive a service
- Deals with Beko Homes over the telephone, sends us an email or letter
- Visits the Beko Homes website
- Visits Beko Homes in person.
- The type of information we collect may include (but not exclusive of) your name, age, gender, telephone number/s, mailing address, email address, cheque, bank and credit card payment details and information regarding products and services you inquire about or purchase from us.
- There may be occasions when Beko Homes source personal information about you from a third party (for example a marketing company or credit reporting agency).
- Beko Homes may also automatically collect non-personal information through the standard operation of its information systems infrastructure.
How we use personal information
- It is our normal practice to collect personal information directly from you. We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you give it to us and for related, internal management and/or marketing purposes. The primary purpose of collecting any relevant personal information is to be able to provide you with our goods and services. Names and addresses of our customers may also be provided to a mailing house to mail account statements to each customer. We may also use or disclose personal information for other purposes such as helping us to identify products and services that may interest you.
We will not disclose any personal information about you, except:
- In statutorily required law enforcement, public health, or public safety circumstances.
- To our related companies; or
- To our suppliers, as necessary to enable them to help us provide services to you.
We may disclose personal information:
- To third parties, such as members and employees of Beko Homes and external service providers, including business partners, advisors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Where required or authorised by law.
- Where you authorise us to disclose the personal information.
We may use and disclose your personal information outside Australia.
- Where we engage third-party external supplier and service providers, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that they comply with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988, but we do not accept responsibility for the misuse of personal information by those third parties.
Keeping Information up to date
- If we do collect any relevant information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you learn that the current information, we hold about you is inaccurate, you should contact us.
You can request details about your personal information
- If you wish to find out about the personal information, we hold about you, you should contact us.
- If you wish to modify personal information or request its removal from our records, please contact us by email at email@example.com. If you believe our information about you as an individual is inaccurate, outdated or is misleading because it is incomplete and you wish to change this information, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then amend the information as you request, or give you reasons why not.
Prior to providing access to personal information we will need to verify your identity. We will usually deal with requests within 14 to 30 days.
We may not be able to give you access
- We may not be able to tell you what personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances including where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or where the information would reveal commercially sensitive information.
Storing your personal information
- Beko Homes will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure and ensure it is stored in a secure environment and is accessed only by authorised personnel for permitted purposes.
- To corporate information (unless it is also about any identifiable person); or